Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Take 2...

Whew it has been way too long since I've posted on here. I'm not really sure why, but maybe I just didn't have anything to write about or wasn't clear on the direction I wanted to go. Well, I've been thinking about this blog a lot over the last couple of weeks and I think I still want to focus on clothes/fashion/beauty/etc, but I also want to focus on my renewed efforts to become healthy and fit.

If you look back to the beginning of the blog, you can see I focused on this a little bit, but my desire and energy for exercise trailed off and became almost non-existent during some periods (i.e. last Fall). I work in politics/government, so the campaign season got the best of my workout routine. With a new, steady job for at least the next 4 years I am ready to re-devote some time and energy to being healthy and fit.

For the past few New Years Resolutions, the boyfriend (BF) and I made the goal to get in beach-body-bikini shape by summer. We'd give it a couple of good weeks of effort, and then trail off. I've never really been overweight or out of shape (except for freshmen year of college when I gained 20lbs in first semester due to stress and family "issues"), but I've lost all that and have hovered in the same weight range for almost 7 years now. I've been a vegetarian for almost 8 years, so I eat a fairly healthy and clean diet, granted there's always been room for improvement. Less processed food, less sodium, more cooking...

So here we are, April 13, 2011. About 2 months ago, the BF and I decided we wanted to try out the P90X system. Our friend had just bought the set and was going to let us borrow the DVDS. We were pumped to try something new. Well, that plan didn't work out. A month later, after trying to figure out whether we really wanted to invest in the program and questioning whether we'd stick with it, we found an awesome deal on Craigslist and we were now officially owners of the P90X system. My first day was March 16th!


Over the past few weeks I've stuck pretty closely to the plan. I'm doing the "Lean" program which I think is probably just as intense as the "Classic" program but focuses more on fat loss and has more cardio. I'm looking for that lean beach body :) HA

I finish up the first phase of P90X on Saturday, so figured this would be a great place to share my journey, share my results, my thoughts on the program, and my dedication to that healthy and fit lifestyle I've always dreamed of. So, with that said....starting tomorrow, I'll do my first post on my progress/status so far.

In the words of Tony Horton, P90X creator, "BRING IT!"


No comments:

Post a Comment